Hairdressing / Cosmetology 1000 hrs.
The scope of this curriculum encompasses a 1000 hours. Upon completion and graduation, the student will be prepared to file for a temporary license. After receiving a temporary license the student will be allowed to seek employment. Soon after, the student will take the NYS State Board exam and then receive their permanent NYS Hairdressing / Cosmetology license.
Time Allocation: 1000 hours.
The curriculum will include:
- Professional Requirements 24 hr
- Safety and Health 26 hr
- Anatomy and Physiology 15 hr
- Hair Analysis 10 hr
- Hair and Scalp - Disorders and Diseases 10 hr
- Chemistry as applies to Cosmetology 5 hr
- Shampoos, Rinses, Conditioners and Treatments 30 hr
- Hair Cutting and Shaping 175 hr
- Hair Styling 245 hr
- Chemical Restructuring 180 hr
- Hair Color and Lightening 180 hr
- Nail Care and Procedures 40 hr
- Skin Care and Procedures 60 hr