Financial Assistance is available to students who are eligible and qualify. FBS's financial aid department can answer your questions and assist you in determining your eligibility. It is important to us that you can locate all types of financial aid that may be available to you to assist with your education needs.
The Financial Aid Department is there to help you with the entire application process. Our advisors work with various State and Federal agencies, lending institution and can aid you in applying for various grants, loans or payment plans that you are eligible for and meet your specific needs. Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) will be determined by filing FAFSA.
Additional information is available for students about Verification of Financial Aid eligibility, handouts are in our Orientation Package and F/A personal will be available to answer any questions you may have.
Types of Aid Available:
- Pell Grants - This grant is based on financial need, an EFC will be determined by filing a free FAFSA application. Maximum amount per 900 hour academic year can be as much as $5920. Additional Pell grant can be received for students in programs longer than 900 hours.
- SEOG - This grant is awarded to students who have the greatest financial need determined by filing a FAFSA application. Only students with a "0" EFC are eligible. Maximum is $200.
- Direct Loans - These loans are low interest for educational expenses and must be Paid Back.
- Parent Plus Loans - Low interest loans made to the parents of dependent students for educational expense and must be Paid Back.
- TFC Credit Corporation - Low interest extended payment options beyond student’s graduation.
- Monthly Payment Plan - Course is paid in full prior to completion with no interest.
Ferrara's Beauty School will make every effort to advise students not to request funds beyond what is needed to pay for TUITION AND FEES.