Esthetics 600 hrs.
The scope of this curriculum encompasses 600hrs of training. Upon completion and graduation the student will be prepared to file for a temporary license. After receiving a temporary license the student will be able to seek employment. Soon after, the student will take the NYS State Board exam and then receive their permanent NYS Esthetician license.
Time Allocation: 600 hours.
The curriculum will include:
- Orientation 4 hr
- Safety and Health 8 hr
- Infection Control 18 hr
- Anatomy and Physiology 30 hr
- Structure and Function of the Skin 18 hr
- Nutrition for Healthy Skin and Body 5 hr
- Skin Disorders and Diseases 12 hr
- Skin Analysis 18 hr
- Superfluous Hair 60 hr
- Chemistry 3 hr
- Chemistry as applied to Esthetics 21 hr
- Electricity and Equipment 18 hr
- Facial and Body Procedures 240 hr
- Make-up Techniques 70 hr
- Business Practices 30 hr
- Career Skills 12 hr
- Introductions to Advanced Esthetics 9 hr
- Unassigned 24 hr